Driver charred to death in Qazigund, girl die in gas cylinder blast
HT NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, March 8: An unidentified truck driver was charred to death after his truck caught fire when it came in contact with a high voltage electric wire at Qazigund area in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Tuesday, officials said.
The truck caught fire when it came in contact with a high voltage electric transformer at She ampora area in Qazigund, leaving the over dead in the vehicle, traffic police officials said.
Fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot to douse off the fire. However, the vehicle was completely gutted leaving the truck driver dead. It is believed that the driver was electrocuted before the truck caught fire.
The identification of the truck and driver is yet to be ascertained and his dead body according to police has been sent to the hospital for postmortem.
Meanwhile, the mentally-challenged girl died in a gas cylinder blast in the Bemina area of Srinagar.
As per reports, the gas cylinder blast occurred due to leakage.
In the incident, the girl suffered severe burn injuries and later succumbed to injuries.
Meanwhile, a police official also confirmed the incident saying details are being ascertained
The deceased girl has been identified as Nahida Nabi, daughter of Ghulam Nabi of Khabroo Kargil at present Hyderia Colony Khumani Chowk.